SLA Business and Finance Division
International Travel Award sponsored by ISI Emerging Markets™
The SLA Business and Finance Division, with the sponsorship of ISI Emerging Markets™, is offering ONE (1) award in the amount of US$ 2,000, plus a complimentary CE course registration for a course offered by the Business and Finance Division, to a business information professional from a developing country to help cover expenses at the 2007 SLA Annual Conference, to be held in Denver, Colorado, USA from June 3-6, 2007.
The conference theme is “Make Your Future Happen at SLA 2007”
· Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of a non-G8 country.
· The 2007 Denver conference must be the first SLA conference attended.
· Applicants must indicate the amount and source of any additional funding which, combined with the Travel Award, will permit them to cover their expenses to attend the Annual Conference.
· The recipient may not accept a travel award for the 2007 conference from any other SLA Division or Chapter.
Prepare a written statement, in English, of approximately 750 words, answering the following questions:
1. What is the biggest challenge facing the information profession in developing countries?
2. What skills must the new business information professional possess?
3. What do you hope to gain from the conference?
Include a current Curriculum Vitae.
POST AWARD REQUIREMENTS
· Recipients will write a brief article (approximately 500 words) for publication in the Fall 2007 issue of the Bulletin on their conference experience.
· Recipients will agree to serve on one of the B&F Committees or Sections, such as the B&F International Relations Committee or the College & University Business Libraries Section, during 2007-08.
· All applicants will receive notification of award status no later than February 1, 2007.
· Winners MUST attend the B&F Division’s Annual Business meeting in Denver.
Submit the above documents, along with your address, telephone number, and email address, in Rich Text Format (RTF) or Microsoft Word by EMAIL no later than Friday, January 12, 2007 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
International Relations Chair
SLA Business and Finance Division McGill University 3459 McTavish StreetMontreal, Quebec H3A 1Y1 Canada Voice: (514) 398-5725 Fax: (514) 398-6273 Email: email@example.com
Or visit http://www.slabf.org/division_awards_desc.html